Sneak some extra veggies into your family’s diet with these delicious Mini Aubergine or Eggplant Pizzas!
- 1 aubergine or eggplant
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6–7 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 250f. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the aubergine into round slices of approximately 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Lay the slices on the baking tray and brush with a little olive oil. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- When the aubergine slices have been cooked, transfer them onto a grill pan and then add the toppings; tomato sauce, spinach, cheese and tomatoes.
- Place the pan under the grill for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately and top with some fresh basil (optional).