A delicious festive Christmas Rocky Road recipe made with leftover mince pies!
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200g milk chocolate
- 150g butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 mince pies
- 200g shortbread
- 100g Malteasers
- 100g glace cherries
- 50g mini marshmallows
- Optional: icing sugar
- Fill a saucepan half full with boiling water and place on the hob.
- Add the chocolate and butter to a large bowl that fits snugly into the saucepan and place it on top.
- Heat very gently, stirring the mixture until it the ingredients have melted.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the golden syrup.
- Add the mince pies and shortbread, broken into large bite sized pieces, along with the Malteasers, cherries and mini marshmallows. Mix well.
- Line a baking dish with greaseproof paper. I used a 25cm sq dish.
- Transfer the mixture into the dish and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and then cut into 16 pieces.
- This is optional but if you like you can dust a little icing sugar on top.
This Rocky Road will keep in a container in the fridge for up to a week.