Delicious cupcakes filled with marshmallow fluff and topped with vanilla frosting and mini marshmallows. Recipe adapted from the Hummingbird Bakery.
- 120g plain flour
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 120ml whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 jar marshmallow fluff
- 250g icing sugar
- 80g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp whole mlk
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 150g mini marshmallows
- edible glitter or sprinkles to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 170c.
- Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter into a bowl and mix with an electric whisk. Beat on a slow speed until you get a sandy consistency. Gradually pour in half the milk and beat until it is just incorporated.
- Whisk the egg, vanilla extract and remaining milk together in a separate bowl for just a few seconds. Pour it into the flour mixture and continue beating until combined and smooth. Be careful not to overmix it though.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases two-thirds full and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Leave the cupcakes to cool slightly and then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once cooked, make a small hole in the centre of each cupcake and fill with a dollop of marshmallow fluff.
- Make the frosting by beating the icing sugar and butter on a medium speed until the mixture is well combined. Turn the mixer down to a slow speed. Add the milk and vanilla extract a little at a time until they are well incorporated into the butter mixture. Then turn the mixer up to a high speed and beat until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 5 minutes.
- Pipe or spoon the frosting onto the cupcakes and top with the mini marshmallows. Decorate with edible glitter or sprinkles.