Looking for lunchbox ideas beyond sandwiches? Try this Spanish Omelette packed full of veggies and great hot or cold!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche or heavy cream
- 50g / 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 25g / 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 25g / 1/4 cup tinned sweetcorn
- 2 small cooked potatoes, sliced
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl or jug. Add the creme fraiche or cream and whisk with a fork. Add the cheese, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the cherry tomatoes, green pepper, peas and corn and fry gently for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced potato and continue to cook for another 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Pour the egg mixture on top and stir so that the vegetables are evenly dispersed. Leave to cook for approximately 5 minutes until the omelette has started to set and is coming away from the sides of the pan.
- At this point you can continue to cook the omelette on the hob for another couple of minutes but I like to put it under the grill for 1 to 2 minutes to ensure the top is fully cooked through.
- Allow the omelette to cool slightly before cutting into 8 triangles.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool completely before storing in the fridge in an airtight container or bag. The omelette will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.