Instant Ice Cream In A Bag! No fancy equipment needed; just a few simple ingredients and two plastic sandwich bags!
- 300ml double cream
- 200ml milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 700g ice cubes
- 5 tbsp salt
- 2 large zip lock bags
- Add the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla to one ziplock bag and mix with a spoon.
- Push out any air from the bag and seal shut.
- Add the ice and salt to the second bag and mix around.
- Put the ice cream bag into the bag with the ice, push the air out and seal shut.
- Move the ice cream bag around the ice for about 12 minutes until the ice cream starts to harden.
- After about 12 minutes it will be the consistency of soft serve. If you prefer you ice cream harder then continue to freeze it within the bag for a few more minutes.
- Serve and eat straight away.
This recipe will make enough for 4 servings of ice cream.
It’s best to eat this ice cream straight away. If you store it in the freezer it will be very hard and difficult to eat. You’ll need to defrost slightly to eat.