A Christmas favourite; Pigs in Blankets made a little healthier using chicken chipolatas and lean bacon. A delicious festive snack or addition to your Christmas dinner.
- spray oil
- 10 chicken chipolatas
- 10 slices lean bacon or turkey bacon
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spray with a little oil.
- Cut the chicken chipolatas and the slices of bacon in half.
- Take one piece of bacon and wrap it around the chipolata. Place it on the lined tray seam side down.
- Repeat with the rest of the chipolatas and bacon.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the sausages are cooked through and the bacon is crispy.
- These Healthier Pigs in Blankets are best eaten straight away but they will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven.
If you want to get ahead of your Christmas cooking and get these all prepped now then you can make the pigs in blankets but instead of baking them, flash freeze them on a tray or plate for a few hours until hard. Then transfer to a freezer bag or container to store in the freezer. When you want to cook them you can either defrost them and bake as normal or bake them directly from frozen, adding an extra 10-15 minutes to the cooking time.