Delicious homemade chocolate bars made healthier with nuts, dates and coconut oil.
- Recipe by Dannii Martin from Hungry Healthy Happy
- For the base:
- 250g mixed nuts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, warmed to a liquid
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 220g pitted dates, softened in boiling water for 10 mins and then drained
- For the topping:
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, warmed to a liquid
- Line an 8x8in dish with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- To make the base put the nuts into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the melted coconut oil and cocoa powder and process again to combine.
- Finally, add the dates and process until smooth.
- Put the mixture into the dish and pack it down evenly. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When the base is ready, make the topping. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and stir until combined. Pour the mixture over the base and use a spoon or spatula to spread it out evenly. Refrigerate again for another hour until the chocolate has set.
- Cut into 16 pieces and serve. The bars melt quickly so are best kept in the fridge.