Use up leftover ham from your Sunday Roast to make this delicious and healthy Ham, Egg & Noodle Soup. A quick and easy meal idea for a Monday!
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 litres / 70 fl oz chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 4 medium eggs
- 250g / 9 oz cooked ham
- 100g / 3.5 oz dried egg noodles
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Place the carrots, celery, red pepper and garlic in a large saucepan. Add the stock and dried herbs and bring to the boil. Simmer on a low heat for approximately 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile place the eggs in a pan of boiling water and cook on a medium heat for 6 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly before peeling and cutting them in half.
- Add the cooked ham, egg noodles and spring onions to the soup and simmer for 4-5 minutes until the noodles have cooked through.
- Using thongs divide the ham, vegetables and noodles between 4 bowls. Use a ladle to spoon over some broth and finally add a halved egg to each bowl.
- Serve immediately.