A delicious and easy fresh green Spinach & Pea Soup to celebrate National Soup Month with the Clangers
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 250g frozen peas
- 100g fresh spinach
- 300ml natural yogurt
- a few mint leaves, basil leaves or cress to top
- Put the spring onions, potato and garlic in a large pan. Add a vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, add a lid to the pan and cook on low for 15 minutes until the potato has cooked.
- Add the peas and bring the mixture back up to a simmer. Scoop out around 4 tablespoons of the peas and set aside to add to the top of the soup later.
- Stir in the spinach and yogurt and then blitz the soup until smooth. You can use a stand or hand blender.
- Season with a little black pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and add some of the reserved peas to the top.
- Serve with some croutons or crusty bread.