The best, most crispy and crunchy roast potatoes all prepped ahead of time, partially cooked and popped into the freezer ready to be roasted straight from frozen. The best way to get ahead with your Christmas recipes this year.
- 1.5kg Maris Piper potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Peel the potatoes and then and chop into two or three, keeping the sizes as even as possible.
- Add the potatoes to a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes well and leave them to cool for a few minutes in the colander
- Once the steam has disappeared shake the potatoes in the colander to bash the sides up a bit. This will help to make an extra crispy crust on the outside.
- Transfer the potatoes onto a tray and leave to cool.
- Pop the tray into the freezer for an hour or two so that they start to become frozen on the outside.
- Transfer them into two freezer bags and store in the freezer for the next few weeks.
- To cook on the day, you can cook direct from frozen.
- Add the oil to a roasting pan and heat in the oven for a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes and toss in the oil until they are fully coated.
- Cook at 180c for 30 minutes then 200c for another 30-45 minutes depending on the size of the roasties.
- You can drizzle a little more oil over the top whilst cooking but the key to even crisp potatoes that don’t stick is not to turn them!
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.