Bored of the same old chicken recipes? Try my Crispy Baked Chicken Parmesan. So delicious and perfect the whole family!
For the chicken:
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 medium egg
- 50g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 0.5 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 0.5 tsp dried basil
- 40g grated mozzarella
- 20g grated parmesan
- optional: fresh basil
- Cooked spaghetti for kids
- Salad/veggies for adults
- Preheat the oven to 200c fan.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half lenthways, giving you 4 thinner breasts.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Add the panko breadcrumbs, oil and smoked paprika to another bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper and mix.
- Dip each of the chicken breasts into the egg and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Transfer onto a tray and then bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime make the sauce by adding the oil, onion and garlic to a saucepean.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes then add the chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and dried basil.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the chicken has finished in the oven, remove the tray.
- Add a few spoonfuls of the sauce to the top of each chicken and then finish with some grated mozzarella and grated parmesan.
- Return the chicken to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- This recipe can be served with salad/veggie for the adults or spaghetti for the kids.
- Cook the spaghetti as normal and then mix it with the remaining tomato sauce.
This recipe is best served and eaten straight away.
You can batch make the chicken however. After Step 5 flash freeze the chicken on a tray and then transfer into freezer bags or containers. You can then cook directly from frozen adding an extra 10 mins approx to the cooking time.
The tomato sauce can also be batch cooked and frozen.