A super tasty and healthy Chocolate Granola Bar packed with oats, puffed quinoa, nuts and seeds. Great for snacks or for lunch boxes too!
- 100g / 3.5 oz quinoa (raw)
- 125g / 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 100g / 1/3 cup honey
- 50g / 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 125g / 1 & 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips (can be dairy free)
- To top: 25g / 1 oz chocolate, melted and 1/2 tbsp freeze dried raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f.
- Add the quinoa to a large dish or saucepan over a medium heat. Cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly. You will hear the quinoa “pop”. Cook until its just starting to brown. Remove from the dish and place aside in a bowl or on a plate.
- In the same dish add the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil and cook for a couple of minutes until melted and then remove from the heat.
- Add in the quinoa, oats, seeds, flaked almonds, chia seeds, ground flaxseed and chocolate chips. Mix well until everything is well combined.
- Line a 9in square baking dish with parchment paper and pour in the mixture. Press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until its starting to crisp.
- Leave it to cool a little before removing from the tin and then allowing it to cool completely. Ideally, also chill it. This will stop it falling apart.
- Cut into 8 large bars (or 16 small) and top with a little drizzle of melted chocolate and some freeze dried raspberries.
These bars will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.