A child friendly hummus recipe served with crudites. Perfect for snacks and picnics
- 1 can (400g / 14oz) cooked chickpeas [retain the liquid from the can]
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- optional to decorate: more chickpeas, paprika and fresh herbs
- Put all the ingredients except the olive oil in a blender and blitz until smooth. Drizzle in the oil a little at a time until and continue to blend until it has all combined.
- If the hummus seems to be too thick add a little of the retained chickpea liquid from the can.
- Serve with crudites such as carrots, cucumber, peppers, celery and sugar snap peas.
This hummus can be kept in a container or covered bowl in the fridge for up to 5 days. It can also be frozen for up to 1 month.