Gluten free cookies made from chickpeas (yes…chickpeas!), peanut butter and nutella. They are so good and I promise you can’t taste the chickpeas!
- 240g / 8 oz (one drained can) of chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
- 175g / 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 75g / 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g / 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp nutella
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the chickpeas, peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract and baking powder in a food processor and blitz until the mixture becomes smooth. Add the chocolate chips and stir with a spoon until combined.
- With your hands divide the mixture into 12 equal dough balls and shape into a rough cookie shape. Create a small well in the centre of each cookie and fill with a small spoon of nutella. Shape the cookie dough around the nutella so that it covers the majority of it. It’s ok to have a little nutella showing through as that will help to create a nice melted layer on top of each cookie.
- Place the cookies onto the baking tray. They won’t rise or expand much so there’s no need to keep them far apart from each other. Bake in the oven for approximately 13 minutes. The cookies won’t be hard like normal cookies. They will still be very soft, although they will become more crumbly once cooled.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and store in an air tight container for 3-4 days.