A delicious summer salad made with caramelised Bramley Apples and packed with giant wholewheat cous cous, Wensleydale cheese and walnuts.
- 2 Bramley Apples
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 head of gem lettuce
- 200g cooked wholewheat cous cous
- 100g Wensleydale cheese
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 50g walnuts
- handful of pomegranate seeds
- Cut each of the apples into quarters and then cut each quarter into three wedges.
- Melt the butter and honey in a frying pan or skillet. Add the apple wedges and cook for 2 – 3 minutes on each side, until they start to soften. Do not overcook them or they will start to fall apart.
- Cut or tear the lettuce and place it on a large plate. Add the caramelized apples, cous cous, cheese, cherry tomatoes and celery.
- Sprinkle the walnuts and pomegranate seeds on top.
- Serve immediately.