Liven up your dinner table with this light and summery side dish. So inviting, even the kids won’t be able to refuse!
- 300g frozen broad beans
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 10 mint leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- Cook the broad beans and peas according to the package instructions (approx 4 mins for the beans and 3 mins for the peas).
- Drain and run under cold water for a couple of minutes. The broad beans can be eaten in their shells but they taste, and look, much nicer out of their skin. This is a bit time consuming but believe me it’s worth the effort!
- Make the dressing by mixing the olive oil, lemon juice and chopped mint leaves.
- Mix the dressing with the beans and peas and season with salt and pepper.
This dish can be made in advance and stored in the fridge. However I would recommend to eat within 6 hours of making as the peas and beans begin to lose some of their gorgeous vibrant colour after that.