These freezable oat breakfast bars are packed with brain boosting blueberries and are super easy to make
- Oat Bars:
- 5 tbsp coconut oil (or butter)
- 4 tbsp honey / date syrup / maple syrup
- 3 tbsp nut butter
- 200g / 2 cups rolled oats
- 100g / 0.75 cup blueberries
- Yogurt Drizzle Topping:
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt / coconut cream
- 3 tsp orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 170c / 340f. Line a baking dish with greaseproof paper. I used an 8in x 8in dish.
- Melt the coconut oil, honey and nut butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Once melted and combined, stir in the oats and continue to mix until all the oats have been coated. Fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the mixture into the baking dish and firmly with the back of a spoon press down and into the sides to make it as compact as possible. Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the sides are just beginning to brown.
- Leave to cool in the dish and then transfer to the fridge for at least 1 hour or preferably overnight. This is essential to stop the bars from crumbling and falling apart.
- Once the mixture has completely cooled mix the yogurt (or coconut cream) and orange juice together and drizzle over the top and finally, cut into eight bars.
These oat bars will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen in individual containers or wrappers and defrosted at room temperature.