A delicious sweet and tangy salad dressing made with blackberry jam, balsamic vinegar and blue cheese.
- Blackberry Jam:
- 600g crushed blackberries
- 200g cups sugar
- 200ml cup water
- 6 Tbsp Ball® Jam Setting Mix with Pectin
- 6x 240ml Ball® Quilted Crystal Jars
- Blackberry Balsamic Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 60ml blackberry jam
- 80ml olive oil
- 45ml balsamic vinegar
- 30 g very finely chopped shallots
- ½ tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme OR 1 tsp. very thinly sliced fresh basil
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 30g crumbled blue cheese
- To make the jam:
- PREPARE large pan of boiling water. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- PLACE crushed berries in a large bowl. Add sugar, mixing thoroughly. Let stand 10 minutes.
- COMBINE water and Ball® Pectin in a small saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, stirring constantly. Boil hard for 1 minute, continuing to stir.
- ADD cooked pectin mixture to fruit mixture and stir for 3 minutes.
- LADLE the jam into the hot Ball® jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Centre lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS filled jars in a large pan of boiling water for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when centre is pressed.
- To make the dressing:
- Combine all ingredients in a 240 mL Ball® Quilted Crystal™ Jelly Jar and shake well.