An easy mushroom risotto recipe baked in the oven. The ultimate comfort food this Winter!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 200g mushrooms, chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 300g risotto rice
- 900ml hot vegetable stock
- 80g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200c fan.
- Add the oil, onion, garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes to an oven dish and stir.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and hot veg stock and stir again.
- Bake in the oven for another 25 – 30 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- When cooked the stock will have been absorbed and the rice will be fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the grated cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2 days in an airtight container.
This risotto can also be frozen. Defrost at room temperature overnight and reheat in the microwave.