Make mashed potatoes at home in just 5 minutes using a tin of cooked potatoes. Brilliant for speedy mid-week dinners
- 1 tin (345g drained weight) cooked potatoes
- 125ml milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- Drain the potatoes and add to a saucepan with the milk.
- Simmer on high for 4 minutes and then mash the potatoes into the milk with a potato masher.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Serve as is or if you prefer very smooth mash, use a potato ricer or electric masher.
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated on the hob or in the microwave.