A super speedy lasagne recipe ready in just 30 minutes. Perfect for mid week meals!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g / 18oz minced beef
- 400g / 14 oz chopped tomatoes (the tinned variety)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp oregano
- 100ml / 3.5 fl oz hot water
- 150g / 5oz frozen vegetables
- 8 dried lasagne sheets
- 150ml / 5oz creme fraiche
- 75g / 2.5oz grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220c / 420f.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or large saucepan. Add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes before adding the crushed garlic. Fry for another minute and then add the minced beef.
- At this point I turn the heat up high to brown the mince as quickly as possible. Stir regularly to ensure it doesn’t stick or burn.
- Once the meat has browned add the chopped tomatoes and crumble in the stock cube. Add the oregano and frozen vegetables and finally add the water (you can add more water if it seems too dry).
- Stir until everything is well combined and continue to cook on high for approximately 7 minutes. Once the mince mixture has cooked remove from the heat and start to assemble your lasagne.
- I used a 8in x 8in dish which nicely fits two lasagne sheets side by side but you can use any dish you wish.
- Assemble the lasagne by alternating layers of the minced beef mixture and the lasagne sheets, finishing with a lasagne sheet layer on top. Spoon on the creme fraiche and spread it over the top of the lasagne.
- Finally add the grated cheese and put the lasagne in the oven.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 200c / 400f and bake for 15 minutes. You can test to make sure the lasagne sheets have cooked by sticking in a sharp knife.
- Serve immediately with a green salad or mixed vegetables.