An easy and delicious Winter Butternut Squash Salad recipe, super quick to make and topped with a tasty fried egg!
- 300g butternut squash
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs or dried oregano
- 70g lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 medium egg
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Peel the butternut squash and chop it into small roughly 1 inch cubes. Add to a baking tray and toss with the olive oil and dried herbs. Bake for 15-20 minutes until just soft.
- Meanwhile make the salad by adding the lettuce leaves to a plate or bowl. Chop the tomato and cucumber and add those too.
- Crack the egg into a frying pan (can use oil to fry depending if the pan is non-stick) and fry for 3-4 mins until starting to crisp.
- When the squash is cooked, remove it from the oven and add it to the salad. Drizzle on the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and top with the fried egg.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.