Packed full of protein, these Veggie Meatballs make a super healthy meal for kids. They’re great finger food for baby led weaning too!
- 1 medium slice wholemeal bread
- 1 can chickpeas (240g drained weight)
- 1 small courgette, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Grease a baking tray or dish.
- Place the bread in a food processor and blitz until it turns into breadcrumbs. Add the chickpeas, grated courgette and carrot, egg, cheese and herbs and blitz again until everything is well combined.
- If the mixture seems too dry add a very small amount of water to loosen it up.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and roll it into bite sized balls. I made 20 medium sized balls with my recipe.
- If you want to freeze some of these veggie meatballs at this point put them on a plate and freeze until solid, before storing in a freezer bag. Defrost at room temperature.
- Place the balls onto the baking tray and bake in the oven for between 15 and 20 minutes, depending on their size.