A quick, easy and healthy meatfree family recipe, all cooked in one pot and ready in just 15 minutes.
- 300g / 10.5 oz spaghetti
- 600ml / 2 & 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can (400g) / 14 oz chopped tomatoes
- 200g / 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 125g / 4.5oz cooked green lentils (I used canned)
- 15–20 pitted black olives
- Place all of the ingredients except for the lentils and olives into a large pan. Stir everything together, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until the spaghetti has cooked.
- If at any point the sauce seems to be drying out, add a little extra veg stock.
- Add the lentils and olives, stir well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.