Tasty Vegan Fishless Fish & Chips from Quorn. Easy to make and so delicious!
Sustainability and the consumption of meat and fish is a big issue for a lot of people at the moment. If you are looking to cut down the amount of these products that you are eating, either yourself or within your family, then you’re going to love these new Fishless Fillets from Quorn.
High in protein and low in saturated fat, they make a really great fish alternative and are perfect served up with a side of homemade chips and peas.
Quorn Fishless Fillets come in two flavours – Breaded Fillets with a Lemon and Pepper Breadcrumb and Battered Fillets with a Salt and Vinegar Batter. They are so easy to cook. Simply bake from frozen in just over 20 minutes.
To make the homemade chips to accompany them, I chopped some Maris Piper potatoes in wedge shapes. I left the skins on for two reasons. Firstly, it’s so much quicker and easier not to have to peel them! And secondly it’s more nutritious as you are not losing all those vitamins and fibre from the skin.
The chips are then tossed in oil, seasoned with garlic and oregano and baked.
To serve I cooked up some frozen peas and added some lemon wedges for extra garnish and flavour. The whole family loved this meal. The kids particularly enjoyed the Battered Fishless Fillets and we’ll definitely be having them again soon.
Quorn Fishless Fillets are currently available to buy at Asda and Tesco.
For lots more recipes using Quorn and ideas for making some of your favourite meals meat-free then head on over to the Quorn website.
If you try these Quorn Fishless Fillets please do leave me a comment letting me know what you think below. You can also share your pictures with me on Instagram. I always love to see your creations!
Disclosure: I have been compensated for my time spent working on this recipe with Quorn but as always all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own.Print
Fishless Fillets & Chips
- 850g Maris Piper potatoes
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pack Quorn Breaded Fishless Fillets
- 1 pack Quorn Battered Fishless Fillets
- 200g frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Wash the potatoes well then cut into chunky chips or wedges. Add to a bowl and mix in the oil, oregano and garlic.
- Transfer the coated chips onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes on the top shelf of the oven.
- Add the Quorn Fishless Fillets to another tray. Once the 10 minutes are up add the tray to the middle shelf and continue to cook both the chips and fishless fillets for 24 minutes.
- In the meantime cook the frozen peas in a saucepan on the hob. Cover with boiling water and simmer for 4 minutes until cooked through. Drain well.
- Serve everything immediately alongside a wedge of lemon.