This delicious Sausage Ragu is made with turkey sausages for a lower fat alternative to a family favourite meal!
- 8 turkey sausages (450g)
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp parmesan shavings
- cooked tagliatelle
- Remove the skins from the sausages and place them aside in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the sausage meat and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, tomato puree and oregano.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime cook some tagliatelle.
- When ready, serve the ragu with tagliatelle and some parmesan shavings on top.
- For my portion I usually eat 75g of cooked tagliatelle and add some salad to the side too.
This recipe is ideal for batch cooking. Make a double batch of the ragu and freeze for another day.
The calories per portion served with 75g of cooked pasta is 389 calories per portion. Calorie and other nutritional info is approximate only. If you need more exact figures please calculate these yourself.