These Tuna & Sweetcorn Bites are a great way to introduce fish to fussy eaters. Small bites of mashed potato, tuna and sweetcorn in a crispy coating.
- 200g cold mashed potato
- 240g tinned tuna
- 40g tinned sweetcorn
- 40g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 medium egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Add the mashed potato, tuna, sweetcorn, spring onion and half the panko breadcrumbs to a large bowl.
- Crack the egg into a mug or bowl and whisk with a fork.
- To start with add half the egg to the other ingredients and mix well.
- If needed to bind the ingredients together, add a little more egg.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining panko breadcrumbs to a large plate or tray.
- Take one tablespoon of the tuna mixture at a time and form into a round ball, then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture. You should be able to make 16 tuna bites.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the tuna bites for about 7 minutes, turning every couple of minutes. You may have to do this in batches.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is best eaten immediately although the bites will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
They can also be frozen and defrosted in the fridge overnight. To reheat, fry in a little oil for a minute or two on each side.