Delicious and filling triple chocolate cookies made with oats and wholemeal flour. The perfect afternoon snack for hungry kids and grown ups too!
- 125g unsalted butter
- 75g light brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 100g rolled oats
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g blanched hazelnuts
- 25g milk chocolate chips
- 25g white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Remove the two small bowls from the food processor, leaving only the large bowl and add the large blade.
- Add in the butter and sugar and blitz until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and blitz again for a few seconds. If necessary use the scraping tool to scrape the mixture down the sides.
- Add in the flour, oats, cocoa and bicarbonate and blitz again until everything is well combined.
- Remove the bowl from the base of the machine and take out the blade.
- Mix in the hazelnuts and chocolate chips with a spoon and then remove the mixture from the bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal sized balls and divide them between the two trays.
- Press each ball down and mould into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes then remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the tray for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.