A quick, easy and super tasty Thai Red Prawn Curry recipe that’s mild enough for kids. A new family favourite for sure!
For my recipe I used a thai red curry paste. I know a lot of people prefer to make their own curry pastes at home but to be honest, most days I just don’t have the time and the flavours that you get in the ready-made paste are so tasty.
I’ve only used one teaspoon of the paste so as to keep the heat of this curry very mild and kid-friendly. But if you are cooking it for adults then feel free to add a lot more.
If you try this recipe yourself please do let me know what you and your family think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. I’d love to see your pictures and hearing your comments about the recipes.Print
A quick, easy and super tasty Thai Red Curry recipe with prawns that’s mild enough for kids. A new family favourite for sure!
- 1 tsp thai red curry paste
- 250ml / 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 75ml / ⅓ cup vegetable stock
- ½ tsp honey
- ½ courgette, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 225g / 8oz frozen raw prawns
- 2 tsp cornflour
- To serve: cooked rice, chopped coriander and wedges of lime.
- Add the curry paste, coconut cream, fish sauce and tomato paste to a wok and simmer for approx 3-4 minutes, stirring well.
- Add the vegetable stock and honey and then the courgette, red peppers and spring onions and cook for a further 5 minutes until the vegetables are just starting to soften
- Add the frozen prawns and cook for a final 5 minutes.
- Take a little of the sauce from the wok and add it to a cup with the cornflour. Mix well and pour this mixture back into the wok. Stir it through and the sauce should start to thicken up.
- Serve immediately with rice, chopped coriander and some lime wedges.
If you liked this Thai Red Prawn Curry recipe you might also like: