Next time you’re tempted to reach for the takeaway menu, try this delicious and speedy Prawn Thai Fried Rice dish made with Veetee rice.
- 1 pack (300g) Veetee Jasmine Rice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or grated
- 200g fresh or frozen prawns
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 1/2 lime
- coriander to garnish
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions in the microwave or on the hob. Transfer the cooked rice to a plate or a large container and allow it to cool enough so that it is no longer steaming then put it in the fridge to cool completely (It is much easier to make fried rice with cold rice!)
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or large frying pan and add in half of the oil. Crack in the eggs and mix quickly, almost like making scrambled eggs. Cook the eggs whilst stirring continuously for about 2-3 minutes. Transfer the eggs to a bowl.
- Add the remainder of the oil to the wok and then add in the red pepper, spring onions, garlic and prawns. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes or until the prawns are fully cooked. Add the vegetables and prawns to the bowl with the eggs.
- Finally, add the cooled rice, soy sauce and fish sauce to the wok and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the rice is warmed through. Add back in the eggs, vegetables and prawns and mix everything together.
- Squeeze on some lime juice and serve immediately, garnished with a little coriander.