An indulgent yet healthy Christmas treat of dark chocolate topped with goji berries, pistachios and coconut.
The decorations and lights are going up in our towns and everyone I know has already made some inroads into their shopping….so is it acceptable to start posting Christmas recipes yet?! Of course it is.
There’s nothing wrong with a little forward planning when it comes to the festive season!
In fact, if you want to get ahead with some of the Christmas Day meal prep then you might want to check out the recipes in my Get Ahead Christmas Recipes section!
Live Well For Less
But as much fun as Christmas is, it can also be a very expensive for most families.
Along with the presents and toys we can get caught up in buying mountains of foods, much of which will end up going to waste.
As part of their Live Well For Less campaign, Sainsbury’s have asked us food bloggers to come up with ideas for using up leftover ingredients.
Superfood Chocolate Bark
I chose chocolate as I always seem to have half used bars of chocolate in my cupboard and I decided to make a Superfood Chocolate Bark.
Chocolate Bark is one of my favourite things to make at Christmas. You can add so many different toppings to it and looks impressive enough to pull out when you have guests visiting.
It also makes a great edible gift, like these Rocky Road Bites. Simply package it up nicely in a jar or a box and finish with some Christmas ribbon.
This year I’ve decided to make my bark “super”. I already know December is going to be a month long indulgence so I might as well try to sneak in some goodness where I can.
I used goji berries, pistachio nuts and desiccated coconut in my recipe and the chocolate is 70% cocoa, packing this treat full of antioxidants to keep us happy and healthy for the festive period!
Do you have more ideas on how to use up leftover chocolate? I’d love to hear them.
If you liked my Superfood Chocolate Bark recipe, then please do leave me a comment and a star rating below. You can also share your pictures with me on Instagram. I always love to see your creations!Print
An indulgent yet healthy Christmas treat of dark chocolate bark topped with goji berries, pistachios and coconut
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pistachios (shelled and halved)
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Line a dish with baking parchment. I used an 8x8in dish but you can use a smaller or bigger one depending on how thick or thin you want your bark to be.
- Sit a heat proof bowl in a pan of boiling water over a medium heat. Break the chocolate into small pieces, add to the bowl and stir continuously until it has all melted. Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the parchment lined dish. Top with the pistachios, goji berries and coconut.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
**DISCLAIMER** I was asked by Sainsbury’s to create a recipe for inclusion in their Christmas Leftovers roundup and was compensated for my time spent doing so.