Delicious energy bars made with homemade sunflower butter, oats, flaxseed and coconut. They are the perfect nut-free snack for kids that can be popped into lunch bags or enjoyed as an after school snack!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower butter
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- optional topping: 20g chocolate melted (can be dairy free)
- Place all the ingredients except the chocolate in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Line a 9 inch square dish with parchment paper and transfer the mixture into it, pressing down well with the back of a spoon.
- Freeze the mixture for 25 minutes, remove and then lift the parchment paper out of the dish.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle it on top and put the dish back into the freezer for another 5 minutes.
- Cut into 9 large or 18 small bars
- The energy bites will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.