A delicious and healthy summer fruit dessert and a great twist on the classic spring roll!
- 10 paper roll – Rice Paper
- 1 medium apple
- 1/2 mango
- 1 medium peach
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 4 medium strawberries
- 10 raspberries
- 1/8 cup pomegranate arils (seed/juice sacs)
- 5 leaves fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 lime (juice of)
- Start by chopping your fruit. It is up to you how you chop and present your fruit in the spring roll. I decided to cut the apple and mango in long, thin strips, almost like matchsticks. I then sliced the strawberries and kiwi into rounds and cut the peach into thin wedges. You can leave the raspberries whole. Place all the fruit on a plate ready to make into spring rolls.
- Next you will need to prepare the rice paper wrappers by submerging them one at a time in hot water for 2-3 minutes until they are soft and malleable. Immediately transfer the soft rice paper to a large plate and start to fill your spring rolls. Choose either strawberries, kiwi, raspberries or peach to lay down first and then directly onto of your chosen fruit place a few sticks of apple and mango, followed by some pomegranate seeds and a couple of mint leaves. Repeat for each spring roll, making one at a time.
- I kept the spring rolls quite small so that they would be easier for young children to eat but you can stuff them so that they are a lot fuller if you wish!
- Quickly make the dressing by mixing the honey and lime juice together in a bowl and serve with the fruit spring rolls.
- Serve immediately.