Quick and easy sugar free flapjacks or oat bars, perfect for baby led weaning
- 150g / 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 50g / 1/3 cup coconut oil or butter (melted in the microwave)
- 1 1/2 bananas
- 3 dates
- 4 tbsp orange juice or apple juice
- Preheat the oven to 170c / 340f and line a baking dish (mine was 8in x 8in) with some parchment.
- Blitz the oats in a food processor for a few seconds to break them down a bit. Transfer the oats into a large bowl and mix in the desiccated coconut.
- In a blender blitz the melted coconut oil or butter, bananas, dates and fruit juice until it forms a sticky paste. Pour this on top of the oat mixture and stir until everything is well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into the dish and press down with the back of the spoon to make it compact.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the edges of the mixture are beginning to brown.
- Lift the parchment paper out of the dish and leave to cool before cutting into 8 large or 16 small pieces
These flapjacks can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. However they are best eaten within 24 hours before they start to dry out.
They can also be frozen. Simply wrap them individually in parchment or in individual freezer boxes. They will defrost at room temperature in about 30 minutes.