A delicious sugar free rice pudding recipe, naturally sweetened with coconut and great for weaning babies and children
- 60g / 1/2 cup pudding rice
- 450ml / 15 fl oz full fat milk
- 100ml / 3 1/2 fl oz coconut milk
- 1/2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: fruit compote, sugar free jam, chopped fruit
- Place all the ingredients in a heavy bottomed sauce. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover with a lid and allow the rice to simmer for 30 minutes or until all the milk has been absorbed and the rice is soft, stirring every few minutes.
- Serve with fruit compote, sugar free jam, chopped fruit or any other toppings.
This recipe makes between 4 and 6 servings, depending on the age of your child.
The rice pudding can be frozen in individual containers. To defrost, leave out to defrost at room temperature and reheat gently in a saucepan or in the microwave, adding a little milk if needed.