Delicious fluffy pancakes made with yogurt for an added protein boost and sweetened only with honey. Perfect for a snack or breakfast for the whole family.
- 120g / 0.75 cup plain or all purpose flour
- 120g / 0.75 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 250g / 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 medium egg
- 200ml /0.75 cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g / 1 cup chopped strawberries
- oil or butter for frying
- Add the flours, baking powder and baking soda to a large bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Add the yogurt and egg and mix again.
- Mix in half the water and check the consistency. If it’s still a little thick add a bit more.
- Mix in the honey and vanilla and finally add in the chopped strawberries.
- Add a little oil or butter to a large frying pan, heat and then and use a ladle or large spoon to make four pancakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes on either side, remove and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve immediately topped with more yogurt and strawberries.
Makes 8 large pancakes = 4 servings
The pancakes are best eaten straight away but they can be kept in the fridge for up to 48 hours and reheated in a pan or microwave. They can also be frozen and defrosted at room temperature.