The yogurt in these delicious fluffy Strawberry Yogurt Pancakes give them a real protein boost and they sweetened only with honey. Perfect for a snack or breakfast for the whole family.
You really can’t beat strawberries at this time of year. Big and juicy, they are absolutely delicious and because they are in season you can buy them for much cheaper as well. I’ve been taking advantage by making as many strawberry recipes as possible, as well as just eating them straight from the punnet!
This week I decided to test out a new recipe – Strawberry Yogurt Pancakes. I’ve used yogurt in this pancake recipe rather than milk as it adds a protein boost to the pancakes which helps to keep kids full for a little longer.
Other than that the ingredients are all classic pancake ingredients; including:
- wholemeal and plain flour
- honey for sweetness
- vanilla extract for taste
All the ingredients are mixed together in one bowl, making them really easy to whip up. You don’t need any equipment or appliances and they’re really easy for the kids to make too.
The mixture makes 8 large pancakes in total so feel free to halve or double the measurements depending on how many you want to make.
1. I used half wholemeal and half plain or all purpose flour. You can use all plain or all wholemeal flour if you like that’s fine.
2. You can also use gluten free flour. Some GF flour is more dense so you may need to adjust the amount of water you need accordingly.
3. I haven’t tried using a substitute for the egg but a flax or chia egg might work.
4. The yogurt can be replaced with a dairy free version.
5. The honey can be substituted with maple syrup or another liquid sweetener.
The pancakes are delicious as a filling and healthy snack during the summer. They also make a brilliant breakfast, especially at the weekend when you may have a little more time to cook.
If you try my pancake recipe please do leave me a comment and a star rating below. You can also share your pictures with me on on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. I always love to see your creations!
ORDER my new book THE FUSS-FREE FAMILY COOKBOOK out 26th January. 100 healthy easy and quick recipes that the whole family will enjoy!Print
Strawberry Yogurt Pancakes
- Prep Time: 4 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 14 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
Delicious fluffy pancakes made with yogurt for an added protein boost and sweetened only with honey. Perfect for a snack or breakfast for the whole family.
- 120g / 0.75 cup plain or all purpose flour
- 120g / 0.75 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 250g / 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 medium egg
- 200ml /0.75 cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g / 1 cup chopped strawberries
- oil or butter for frying
- Add the flours, baking powder and baking soda to a large bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Add the yogurt and egg and mix again.
- Mix in half the water and check the consistency. If it’s still a little thick add a bit more.
- Mix in the honey and vanilla and finally add in the chopped strawberries.
- Add a little oil or butter to a large frying pan, heat and then and use a ladle or large spoon to make four pancakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes on either side, remove and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve immediately topped with more yogurt and strawberries.
Makes 8 large pancakes = 4 servings
The pancakes are best eaten straight away but they can be kept in the fridge for up to 48 hours and reheated in a pan or microwave. They can also be frozen and defrosted at room temperature.
Amazing for family
These were an absolute hit with both my usually very fussy eaters so thanks for sharing!
Looks yummy! Thanks for the easy way to make pancakes more nutrients.