Babies will love this deliciously sweet combination of strawberries, watermelon and oats. This Strawberry & Watermelon Baby Porridge is perfect summer meal for a weaning baby or toddler!
Weaning babies can be a very stressful time.
We put a lot of pressure on ourselves to introduce so many different foods to our little ones in such a short space of time, not to mention prepping and cooking a zillion different types of purees in one day!
When it came to weaning my son I found that by using simple ingredients that I already had in the house, I could make delicious and nutritious meals for him that didn’t require a lot of time or effort.
We have an abundance of summery fruits around at the moment making it the perfect time to try this combination of strawberries and watermelon. So sweet and so delicious!
If you try this Strawberry & Watermelon Baby Porridge with your little one please do let me know what you think.
I really love seeing all your pictures of my recipes and your little ones enjoying them!Print
Babies will love this deliciously sweet combination of strawberries, watermelon and oats. The perfect summer meal for a weaning baby or toddler!
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped watermelon (seeds removed)
- ½ cup cooked porridge / oatmeal / baby rice
- Blitz the strawberries and watermelon into a puree with either a hand blender or in a stand blender.
- Mix ¼ cup of the puree with ½ cup of your baby’s usual cooked oatmeal or baby rice.
- The remainder of the puree can be kept in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 48 hours or can be frozen in chunks in an ice cube tray.
- Serve to babies from 8 months plus.
If you liked this recipe, you might also like: