A delicious soft oat bar recipe packed full with sweet strawberries. A tasty and healthy snack for toddlers and older kids!
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 3 tbsp honey / date syrup / maple syrup
- 125g / 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 100g / 0.75 cups chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f. Grease and line an 8x8inch dish with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan melt the coconut oil. Add the nut butter and honey and stir until all the ingredients have melted together.
- Pour this mixture into a large bowl. Add the oats and mix well.
- Gently fold in the strawberries and then transfer the mixture to the lined dish, pressing down the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Leave the oat mixture to cool to room temperature in the dish, before putting it in the fridge for 30 minutes. This step is very important. If you don’t do this the mixture will fall apart when you try to cut it!
- Cut into 8 large or 16 small slices.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.