Healthy, low sugar, wholemeal Cake Bars flavoured with banana, strawberries and orange. Perfect to pop into packed lunches or for an afternoon snack.
- 100g plain flour
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 100g plain yogurt
- 50g coconut oil or butter, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 medium egg
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 orange
- 150g strawberries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking dish with parchment paper. I used an 11x8in dish.
- In a large bowl mix together the plain flour, wholemeal flour, baking powder and baking soda with a spoon.
- Add the yogurt, melted coconut oil, honey and egg and mix again until well combined.
- Add the mashed banana and the zest and juice of the orange. Mix again and finally fold in the strawberries.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared dish and bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Leave to cool in the dish for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into 18 slices.
- These cake bars can be kept in an airtight container for up to 48 hours.
- They can also be frozen for up to 2 months and defrosted at room temperature.