A super easy and delicious family meal ready in less than 15 mins. This Broccoli Mac & Cheese is sure to be a new family favourite!
- 300g macaroni or other type of pasta
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 600ml milk
- 1.5 tsp dijon mustard
- 150g grated cheddar cheese
- Cook the pasta accordingly to the package instructions. 4 minutes before the end add the broccoli florets to the same pot.
- In another large saucepan or pan melt the butter over a medium heat. Add in the flour and stir quickly until well combined. Cook this for 1 minute and then whisk in the milk a little at a time.
- Cook this sauce for 3-4 minutes until it has thickened up. Add the dijon mustard and cheese and remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and add it to the pan with the cheese sauce. Mix well and serve immediately.