The ultimate Christmas party food! Cocktail sausages baked to perfection with a sweet and sticky Asian glaze.
I am sure it must be law or something but we all know that you absolutely cannot have a Christmas party without cocktail sausages. There’s something so moreish about them which guarantees that they will be snapped up quicker than any other party snack served.
This cocktail sausage recipe is no exception and is so quick and easy to prepare. The glaze can be whipped up in a matter of seconds and the sausages will pretty much take care of themselves in the oven, allowing you to get on with enjoying the party with your guests.
. If you are worried that the flavourings in this recipe may be a little strong then fear not. The honey and balsamic vinegar creates a delicious sweet and sticky glaze whilst the sesame oil and soy sauce gives the sausages a very subtle hint of Asian flavouring. I promise you these sausages will be loved by kids and grown ups alike but if you are catering for an adult only party then you could add a splash or chilli sauce to the glaze mixture to give it a fiery kick!
The recipe would also work well with frozen sausages but obviously adjust the cooking times as they will take a little longer in the oven. I always keep frozen cocktail sausages in the freezer over the festive period as its so handy to whip up a batch if you have unexpected guests.
The ultimate Christmas party food! Cocktail sausages baked to perfection with a sweet and sticky Asian glaze
- 50 cocktail or mini sausages
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- sesame seeds and chopped coriander to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Divide the sausages between two baking trays ensuring not to overcrowd them.
- Mix the honey, sesame oil, soy sauce or tamari, balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard together in a bowl. Pour the mixture onto the sausages and flipping them in the sauce until they are fully coated.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning once, until the sausages are a lovely brown colour and are cooked through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped coriander and serve immediately.