A tasty weaning friendly green pasta sauce made with spinach and peas.
- 150g frozen peas
- 100g baby spinach
- 3 sprigs chives
- 1/4 tsp garlic granules
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2–3 tbsp pasta water
- Cook some pasta accordingly to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain but keep a little of the pasta water.
- Steam the frozen peas and spinach over boiling water for 5 minutes then remove.
- Add the cooked peas and spinach to a blender or food processor along with the chives, garlic, oregano and cumin.
- Pour in the olive oil and add 2-3 tbsp of the reserved pasta water.
- Blitz until smooth. Add more pasta water if necessary.
- Mix in with the pasta and serve immediately.
Leftover can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 48 hours or frozen into portions and defrosted overnight in the fridge.