A delicious and nutritious baby food puree recipe made with spinach, avocado and couscous.
My baby weaning days are long behind me now but I still get a lot of requests for more weaning ideas!
And so today I’m sharing my recipe for this really easy but super nutritious puree, perfect for babies from 7 months old.
Spinach and avocado are two ingredients that I’m pretty much obsessed with.
I’m forever sneaking them into recipes to get my two kids to eat them!
Spinach is an amazing food for babies. It’s packed full of antioxidants and too many vitamins and minerals to even list out!
It’s also a brilliant source of fibre. No wonder it was Popeye’s vegetable of choice!
Similarly, avocado is a great first food for your little ones.
It too is very nutrient dense, but it is also an excellent source of unsaturated fats, essential for brain and vision development.
Put these two ingredients together with wholemeal couscous and you have a delicious and nutritious meal that’s very filling meal for your baby!
Servings & Storage
This recipe makes about 8-10 serving of the puree.
It will keep covered in the fridge for up to two days and you can freeze the remainder in individual pots or ice cube trays.
If you try this recipe with your little one please do let me know what you think. And tag me in a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myfussyeater. I really love seeing all your pictures of my recipes and your little ones enjoying them!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
Tasty soft weaning-friendly bars made with just four simple ingredients; oats, banana, berries and chia seeds. Ideal for baby led weaning and toddlers too.
Babies will love this deliciously sweet combination of strawberries, watermelon and oats. This Strawberry & Watermelon Baby Porridge is perfect summer meal for a weaning baby or toddler!Print
A delicious and nutritious baby food puree recipe made with spinach, avocado and cous cous
- 45g / ¼ cup cooked wholemeal cous cous
- ½ avocado
- 30g / ¾ cup fresh spinach
- 120ml / ½ cup baby’s usual milk
- Cook the cous cous by placing it in a bowl with boiling water. Cover it with a plate and leave for approx 5 minutes until fluffy. Measure out ¼ cup of it.
- Add the cous cous to a blender with the avocado and spinach. Add a little of the milk and then blend until smooth. Add a little more milk to get it to the right consistency.
- Serve straight away or freeze in individual containers or an ice cube tray.
- Suitable from 7 months.