A quick and easy lunch or dinner for two made Princes Mackerel Fillets (Sponsored Post)
As parents we often spend most of our time planning and cooking food for our children, but not so much for ourselves. It’s all too easy to rush through the day, busy with work or running the house and find that you have skipped lunch or dinner for yourself.
But I’ve teamed up with Princes to show you how easy it is to make a tasty, quick and nutritious meal for yourself either for lunch or dinner. Using their tinned Mackerel Fillets you can whip for a meal for two in just minutes. All the Mackerel Fillets are skinless and boneless and come in a variety of flavours to suit all tastebuds.
For this recipe I used Princes Mackerel Fillets in a Spicy Tomato Sauce. Teamed with a packet of rice from the store cupboard and just a couple of veggies you can create a delicious lunch or evening meal with little preparation and minimal washing up!
Nutritionally it also makes a really balanced meal and counts as one of your two portions of Omega-3 rich oily fish a week.
This whole dish took less than 5 minutes to prepare and cook and made a really affordable meal that I’ll definitely be whipping up again very soon.
You can check out the full Princes Mackerel range here and also browse lots more quick and easy meal time ideas!
Disclosure: I have been compensated for my time spent working on this campaign with Princes but all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own.Print
A quick and easy lunch or dinner for two made Princes Mackerel Fillets
- 250g packed of microwave rice
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 50g red pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (125g each) of Princes Spicy Tomato Mackerel
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Cook the rice in the microwave according to package instructions and then divide it between two plates or bowls.
- Top the rice with the spring onions and peppers and then add one can of Princes Spicy Tomato Mackerel to the top of each plate.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle on some chopped fresh parsley to finish.