A delicious recipe for smoky baked chipotle meatballs topped with mozzarella and a review of Spontex Fizz Express tablets!
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 12 beef meatballs
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp spicy chipotle paste
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs or oregano
- 100ml water
- 75g grated mozzarella
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion. Fry gently for 2-3 minutes until the onion starts to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add in the meatballs and fry them for approximately 3-4 minutes, moving them around the pan to seal the outside.
- Mix in the chopped tomatoes, chipotle paste, dried herbs and water. Stir everything well and leave to simmer for 10-12 minutes until the meatballs have cooked through.
- Transfer the meatballs and sauce into an oven-proof dish and top with the grated mozzarella. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted and brown.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread and a side salad.
- Don’t forget the Fizz Express when washing up!