A simple but super delicious recipe for Smoked Paprika Chicken Salad. So quick and easy to whip up for lunch for busy parents!
So summer looks like it’s finally arrived in the UK which for me means all things salad! There’s something about a warm and sunny day that makes it a lot easier to eat healthy fresh salads so I’m taking full advantage of this while the weather is good!
I’m obsessed with smoked paprika at the moment and so I decided to fry it up with some chicken and throw together a really simple but super tasty salad.
While the chicken is frying in the pan you can chop up the salad ingredients. I used bags of mix salad leaves but any kind of lettuce will work well. I also added half an avocado and some cherry tomatoes but some cucumber or chopped peppers works really well too. For the chicken I used two teaspoons of smoked paprika but feel free to add more depending on your taste.
As a work at home Mm I know it can be a struggle to make time for a decent lunch but it really is worth taking a few minutes out of your day to make something fresh and healthy like this. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
JOIN MY EMAIL LIST TO GET THESE RECIPES DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK – IT’S COMPLETELY FREE!
A simple but super delicious recipe for Smoked Paprika Chicken Salad. So quick and easy to whip for lunch for busy parents!
- 2 tsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 chicken breast, diced into bite sized pieces
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 large handful of salad leaves
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat on the hob and add the diced chicken. Add the paprika and mix well.
- Fry the chicken for 7-8 minutes or until it is cooked right through. You can add more paprika whilst the chicken is cooking if you prefer a more intense flavour.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lime into the pan and cook for a final minute.
- Arrange the salad leaves, avocado and cherry tomatoes in a bowl and then add in the paprika chicken.
- Serve immediately.
This salad can be made in advance and packed up to take to work or out and about. Allow the chicken to cool completely before storing in the fridge.