A delicious slow cooker chicken recipe made in a creamy sun dried tomato sauce. Perfect for an easy mid-week meal that the whole family will love
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 100g sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 50ml water
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 75g creme fraiche
- Add the onions, garlic, dried basil, tinned tomatoes and sundried tomatoes to a slow cooker.
- Mix the water with the cornflour until dissolved and pour this in. Mix until all the ingredients have well combined.
- Lay the chicken breasts on top of the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 3.5 hours or low for 5 hours, turning the chicken half way through.
- Stir in the creme fraiche and it’s ready to serve with cooked pasta topped with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese.
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days. This recipe can also be frozen and defrosted in the fridge overnight.