Delicious meatballs cooked in the slow cooker in a hidden veggie sauce and served with spaghetti. Brilliant for fussy eaters and a meal the whole family are sure to enjoy!
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 1 small courgette, diced
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano
- 0.5 tsp dried basil
- 1 beef stock cube
- 12 meatballs
- 300g uncooked spaghetti
- Add all of the ingredients except the spaghetti to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3.5 hours or low for 5 hours.
- Remove the meatballs from the slow cooker and blitz the sauce with a blender until smooth.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions and then add that to the sauce.
- Mix in the meatballs and then serve.
Leftovers can be left in a container in the fridge for up to 48 hours. Reheat in the microwave or on the hob until piping hot.
This recipe can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge and reheat as above.