A delicious and easy recipe for Slow Cooker Red Cabbage, the ultimate side dish for Christmas Day!
- 1 head red cabbage
- 1 onion
- 2 apples
- 100ml apple juice
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp All Spice
- 1 lemon
- Slice the cabbage and add to the slow cooker.
- Finely dice the onion and add that too.
- Finally dice the apple, keeping the skin on and add to the slow cooker.
- Pour in the apple juice and cider vinegar.
- Add the brown sugar and All Spice and mix well until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Cook on High for 3 hours or Low for 5 hours, mixing a couple times to ensure all the flavours are evenly distributed.
- When cooked, turn off the heat and squeeze on some lemon juice to help maintain the colour of the cabbage. Serve immediately.
This recipe can be made in advance and frozen. Allow it to cool and then add to freezer bags and containers and then freeze. Defrost overnight in the fridge and cook on the hob to reheat.